XTSC offers recreational sports leagues for everyday players. First and foremost, the purpose is to enjoy the sport,
exercise and have fun!
Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated by XTSC, this includes but is not limited to:
- Excessive cheering following a goal
- Aggressive physical behaviour
- Anybody whose behaviour intereferes with the enjoyment of others and the league, will be at risk of being ejected from the league
Please note: If you witness or are subject to unsportsmanlike conduct, please file a report and send it to email@example.com. The league will investigate
the complaint bby allowing teams/players and referees that are involved to send in a game report. The following measures can be taken against
teams/players that misconducted themselves:
- First report: Players/teams will receive a written warning and depending on the severity of the incident, suspension can be issued.
- Second report: Players/teams will receive a written warning and will be suspended for an x amount of games, depending on the severity of the incident.
- Third report: Players/teams will be ejected from the league without a refund and will not be permitted to play in any XTSC leagues or events again.
- Please note: The league reserves the right to accelerate this process if the situation merits it.
- Every XTSC league has a referee/representative present
- In the event an unavoidable emergency circumstance occurs and a representative is unable to reach their assigned game, teams will be asked to
referee the game themselves, or the game will, when possible, be rescheduled to another night and time. We are unable to guarantee that the game will
be rescheduled or that the rescheduled game will take place during a regular league night
- XTSC is not responsible for and does not endorse any activities or choices members make while representatives are not present
Expectations of XTSC Members
- XTSC members are asked to respect referee/representatvies calls and/or instructions
- Verbal abuse towards a referee can result in a yellow or red card
- Physical abuse towards a referee will lead to immediate ejection from the league
- Take an active part in ensuring that games take place in a safe environment.
- Refrain from dangerous play and other conduct that presents a risk of injury to other players/people in the facility.
- Be safe! Everybody has to go back to work/school the next day!
Policy on Violence
- Physical violence towards people: the threat of physical violence, or implied physical violence will result in immediate action
from the league. This applies if you start the conflict or decide to end the conflict with violence. Maintain self-control, walk away!
- Physical violence towards property: If a team/player willfully damages XTSC property, they will be fined the replacement cost of that equipment plus
an adminstrative fee.
Policy on Alcohol
- Alcohol is not permitted under any circumstances on any of the league facility grounds, unless they are licensed to serve alcohol, and
it is being served to you
- Drinking and playing will result in immediate ejection from the league
- XTSC representatives/referees have the right to retain a player from playing when arriving at the field intoxicated or when believed to be
XTSC has two main location divisions:
- Downtown region: Stretches mostly along the Bloor/Danforth line, from Dufferin to Coxwell, and from Cherry Beach to Cosburn.
- North York region: Stretches along the 401 from Steeles and Bathurst to Don Mills, and down the DVP to Eglinton.
TREATMENT OF FACILITIES
All facilities are to be treated with respect, this includes but is not limited to:
- No littering
- No intentional damaging of property
- No glass containers in or around the playing area
- The people who work at the facilties enable you to play every week, respect them! Failure to do so will result in a warning, suspension or possible
ejection from the league.
- Players/teams are responsible for any damage they do. Any player or team whose actions directly lead to the league losing the permit for a
facility will immediately be ejected from the league without a refund.
- At most outdoor locations, there are no washroom or changeroom facilities available.
- Most indoor facilities will have washrooms available
- Urinating on school property is strictly forbidden and may result in charges being filed.
- Please remember sports are considered inherently risky and as a result, XTSC cannot be held responsible for the cost of treatment or
recovery for any injuries that result from playing spors or being present in an area where sports are being played
- If you have any pre-existing conditions (including, but not limited to: heart conditions, severe asthma or pregnancy) please consult a
physician and take the appropriate precautions before attending any games
- We encourage all players to honestly evaulate their physical condition before participating in recreational sports leagues or any other
- First Aid kits are onsite at most games
- Please be advised that these are for minor injuries only, for serious injuries call an ambulance and notify the onsite staff member
- If you bleed due to a cut or wound, you must exit the game until the bleeding has stopped or you have bandaged the wound
- Clothing is required in the league- both top and bottom for all genders
- If you're playing ball hockey, flag football or soccer, you must bring a light and dark shirt for team recognition
- If you are playing a gym sport you must wear shoes with non-marking soles
- metal cleats and metal toed shoes are not permitted in any XTSC games
- Jewellery that is sharp or point must come off before the start of the game
- It is recommened to remove all other jewellery (i.e. wedding band, necklate etc.) while playing, to limit the chance of losing or damaging your
- Referees/representatives have the right to request a player take off any jewellery
- Medical devices worn during the game (braces, casts, etc.) that have any sharp or rough edges must be covered by protective material (padded
bandage, long sleeve shirt, sweatpants, etc.) for the protection of the other players
- Any braces, casts etc that are deemed unsafe by the official and are not properly covered, must be removed. If the unsafe equipment is not removed,
the player will not be allowed to play in the game
- Uniforms (similar jerseys with numbers) aren't mandatory. However, when two teams have the same colour, the team without a uniform has to change jersey colour
- In the case that both teams have a uniform or no uniform, the home team will have to change colour
- For all teams it is mandatory to have 2 different coloured jerseys at the game at all times
- To inform other teams of your jersey colour, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update this information online
- If teams don't have an alternative jersey colour, they will get an official warning. If this happens twice in a season, the opponent at that moment is allowed
to take a default win
- Referees can call off a game if the jersey colours of players are too confusing. If this happens, the game result will be 0-0
- If it is only the players of one team that are causing jersey colour confusion (e.g. some players wearing the same colour jersey as the other team) this team will take a 0-6 loss
For more information, please see the specific sport rules.
- We accept team registrations and free agent (individual) registrations. If you sign up as an individual you will be placed on a team with
other individuals or on an established team. Please contact us if you'd like to sign up with multiple friends as free agents
- Note: Do not sign up as a free agent if you have an established team captain! Please arrange payment and such with the team captain.
Only sign up as a free agent if you do not have a team
- Registration fees must be paid on the website using Visa or Mastercard or with debit/cash at the office (appointment is required)
- Applications for registrations that are placed without a full payment being made are not considered to be finalized and those players/teams will not be placed in the system or allowed to play until full payment is made.
- We are unable to reserve spots before this full payment has been made
- Everybody playing in the league must agree to the online waiver before their first game of the season. Members will not be allowed to play
until they have viewed and accepted the waiver
- Alternate players who sub in must be added to the team roster and have to accept the online waiver before the start of the game. If you aren't on the roster,
you're ineligible to play. Goals that are scored by ineligible players, won't count towards the final score.
- All team captains must submit their online roster and all members must accept the waiver at least 5 days prior
to the start of the season
- The amount of waivers that has to be signed before the start of the season are the amount of players
of a full team + 1. Example: 7v7 Soccer, 8 people have to sign the waiver before the team will be scheduled. The exception to this rule
are volleyball teams who only need 6 players on the roster
- Playoff rules: players must have played 2 regular season games in order
to be eligible to play during the playoffs. This is to prevent teams from bringing in ringers just for the playoffs
- The following penalties can be enforced when ineligible players are fielded during games: Written warning, deduction of goals, suspensions and ejection.
A team that is short players, is allowed to ask players from previous games to subsititue for them under the following conditions:
- The referee is notified of the subsititue before the start of the game
- The opposing team grants permission for the subsitite(s) to play during the game
- Subsitutes can only be used to field a full team
- If it is not allowed and the "borrowed" players particiapte, the game will be defaulted
- Free Agent teams cannot invite other players to their games unless the other players register with the league and pay
online before their first game
- Any Free Agent members who invites additional players to their games will be fined or
ejected from the league, as such behaviour impacts the playing time and enjoyment of the registered members of the team
- Referees are allowed to refuse non-roster players from playing in the game
- Registered teams are allowed to bring in subsitutions during the season as long as substitute is aware of the rules and has signed the electronic waiver
- Any games that are played with non-registered players will be an automatic 6-0 loss.
- If you experience a shortage of players, please contact the league
- The league will always try to inform members about cancellations within 6 to 12 hours prior to the start of the game. Game
cancellations due to weather conditions are usually called at the game location and time
- Weather may effect outdoor games. Our referees are responsible to call the game when weather conditions impede with the safety of the game
- If the weather doesn't allow the game to start, the game will be rescheduled, if the facility permits allow us to do so
- As seasons are tightly scheduled, games might not be rescheduled when called as a result of inclement weather
- If the weather doesn't allow the game to finish, the score from the time at which the game stopped will be final, if a minimum of half the game has already been played
- Indoor games won't be cancelled for weather conditions unless the facility has been closed
- Teams have to be on the field with the eligible amount of players within 10 minutes of the game to avoid a default regardless of the weather.
- If your team isn't able to play during a certain night, please let us know (at least 24 hours in advance), so we can inform the other team. Defaults can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Registered teams that don't show up for a game and have not notified the league in advance, or notified the league too late, causing the other team to still
show up, will get a deduction of 250 points. These points will be deposited in the account of the team captain of the team that showed up at the field.
XTSC Loyalty Program
The person that enrolls a team or registers as a single player will receive XTSC points into their online account. These points can
can be used for future registrations and/or merchandise purchases from our online store. The loyalty program is constructed as follows:
- I. Register as a team or as an individual and you will earn an equivalent of 5% in rewards.
Please note: XTSC points cannot be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent. Points will expire and will be remove from an online account after 2 years of
- Full credit will be given for cancellations that take place at least 3 weeks prior to the start of season (less $100 administration fee per team or a $35 administration fee per free agent).
- Any cancellation less than 3 weeks prior to the start of the season will result in a 50% refund
- Combo season registrations will only be considered for refund at the beginning of the first season for which the registration is valid.
The second season is considered an extension of the first, and therefore is not eligible for refund.
- Following the beginning of the season, no refund will be given.
- Refunds will not be given when games are cancelled as a result of inclement weather.
- Refunds are not given to individuals or teams that are ejected/suspended from the league, regardless of when in their membership term they are ejected/suspended.
- Refunds are not given when the league is unable to fulfill special requests from teams who want a specific location or time slot.
- Competition level selections are considered to be an indication of preference. While the league will try to accommodate all such requests,
we reserve the right to make adjustments to competition levels based on the needs of the league. We cannot guarantee that all preferences
will be honoured and no refund will be issued when a team/free agent is placed at one level above or below their requested competition level.
- Refunds are not given for location when it is within the described region.
- Refunds are credited back to the credit card used at time of purchase.
That's it... Have fun... and Hey, let's be extra careful out there!