RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
The mission of XTSC is to promote competition and athleticism through sportsmanship and fair play. All leagues/events should be played with good sportsmanship. Although competition may become intense, we expect our participants to maintain good sportsmanship up to and after the final whistle. As a participant in any XTSC league, tournament or event, you must pledge to:
- Respect the game, play fairly, and follow all rules and policies.
- Accept the decisions of XTSC officials with good grace.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during, and after games, win or lose.
- Be responsible for the sportsmanship of all teammates and assist in maintaining a respectful environment for all participants.
- Be courteous to opposing teams, officials, monitors, or facilitators and treat all players, spectators, and XTSC officials with respect.
- Help to maintain and keep all equipment and conditions at the facility/park in good condition.
- Obey all facility rules, while respecting all equipment, common areas, playing areas, parking areas, and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Refrain from the use of abusive language or profanity.
- Do not engage in any form of verbal aggression including: verbal threats of violence or abuse aimed at any participant, official, staff member, or spectator.
- Do not engage in any physical altercation including: initiate a fight, scuffle, or heated exchange with any individual (including but not limited
to: pushing, shoving, kicking, etc).
- Do not use alcoholic beverages or drugs at any location.
- Wear/use all required equipment.
Sports are filled with judgment calls and, as a result, disputes between players, opponents, spectators, and staff may occur from time to time.
However, it is important that participants respect and handle all disputes that may occur in a civilized manner.
No one may argue/protest a judgment call. All decisions made by on-site XTSC officials must be respected and obeyed.
Any feedback regarding rules, players, officials, or staff members should be brought to the attention of an XTSC League Administrator during normal
business hours (M-F from 9a-5p) in written form by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any behaviour deemed unacceptable by XTSC may result in an ejection, suspension, and/or expulsion as outlined below.
Repeated Code of Conduct violations by the same team will result in a team expulsion from the league without refund.
All Code of Conduct violations will result in a suspension as outlined below. All violations/fouls/penalties which result in an ejection are
subject to review and a possible multi-game suspension. Players may appeal a suspension in writing within 48 hours of a suspension notification.
Players cannot participate during the appeal process.
Upon ejection (in case of a red card), the game stops, and a player must:
- immediately leave the field/court and subsequently the premises.
- Take no longer than TWO minutes to get out of sight and sound of the field/court
- DO NOT wait in the parking lot or anywhere on site.
- If the player does not leave or demonstrate a cooperative effort to do so in the time allotted, his/her team will be issued a
- 500 XTSC Loyalty Points will be deducted from the team captain's account and the player in question will receive an automatic 1 game suspension. The incident
is also subject to review by League Management to determine if a longer suspension is warranted.
- 2 yellow cards leading up to a red: reviewable upon league management and may warrant a suspension.
Players will be monitored under a 3-strike system per year (365 days counting from the first strike).
Anything worthy of a 2-game suspension and above will be counted as a strike.
- On the 1st strike, the team captain responsible for that individual player will be deducted 500 XTSC Points (or remaining points if <500) from his/her account.
- On the 2nd strike, suspensions/penalties will double. The team captain responsible for that individual player will be deducted 1000 XTSC Points (or remaining points if <1000) from his/her account.
- On the 3rd strike, that individual player will result in an immediate and permanent ejection from the league.
3 Team Warnings System
Teams will be monitored under a 3-warning system per season.
- Official Warnings may be sent out to teams due to valid complaints regarding team conduct, behaviour, overly aggressive/physical play,
and/or verbal abuse towards XTSC Members/Staff.
- Validity of the complaint will be determined via admin staff with the reports of the individual who issued the complaint, the referee/staff
present for said game, the opposing team captain, and any trusted team captains within said division or officials that have refereed the individual/team.
- Any strike on an individual player listed above may warrant an Official Warning
On the 1st Official Warning, an email will be sent to the team reminding them of XTSC's various league rules/guidelines and
advising them to keep their team conduct/behaviour under control. 1st Official Warnings will be carried over for 365 days.
On the 2nd Official Warning, the said team will be suspended for 1 game and the team captain will be deducted 1000 XTSC Points
(or remaining points if <1000) from his/her account. 2nd Official Warnings will be reset per season.
On the 3rd Official Warning, the said team will be immediately ejected from the league and will be unable to register for 2 seasons.
The team captain will also be deducted 2000 XTSC Points (or remaining points if <2000) from his/her account.
Any verbal abuse, threats, or profanity directed towards an opposing player will result in an automatic yellow card.
Any verbal abuse, threats, or profanity directed towards a referee will result in an automatic red card.
Any threats/discriminatory offenses directed towards an opposing player or referee will result in an automatic red card and minimum 2 games suspension.
Any physical altercation (including but not limited to: pushing/shoving, grappling, spitting, physical instigation) towards an
opposing player will result in an automatic red card and minimum 1 game suspension.
Any physical altercation (including but not limited to: pushing/shoving, grappling, spitting, physical instigation) towards a
referee will result in an automatic red card and minimum 3 games suspension.
- Kicking: any aggressive kicking outside of regular play will result in an automatic red card and minimum 3 games suspension.
- Fighting/Punching/Choking: any form of fighting (including but not limited to: punching, choking) towards an opposing player
will result in an automatic red card and minimum 5 games suspension.
- Any form of fighting towards the referee will result in an immediate and permanent ejection from the league.
Drugs and Alcohol
The use of drugs and/or alcohol is strictly prohibited while players are in any league facility or facility's parking lot. It is also prohibited to imbibe or otherwise use
any drug directly before any league event. The use of drugs and alcohol before or during sport activity is directly linked to both health problems, dangerous play, and violent encounters and
will not be tolerated. Furthermore, it is illegal to have drugs or alcohol on any school or city premises, and it is a condition of our permits that members do not bring controlled
substances onto facility grounds. As such, any player or team found to have drugs or alcohol in a facility or facility parking lot is subject to immediate ejection from the league
without refund and possible prosecution.
XTSC has two main location divisions:
- Downtown region: Stretches mostly along the Bloor/Danforth line, from Dufferin to Coxwell, and from Cherry Beach to Cosburn.
- North York region: Stretches along the 401 from Steeles and Bathurst to Don Mills, and down the DVP to Eglinton.
TREATMENT OF FACILITIES
All facilities are to be treated with respect, this includes but is not limited to:
- No littering
- No intentional damaging of property
- No glass containers in or around the playing area
- Animals, other than service animals, are not permitted in the facilities.
- The people who work at the facilties enable you to play every week, respect them! Failure to do so will result in a warning, suspension or possible
ejection from the league.
- Players/teams are responsible for any damage they do. Any player or team whose actions directly lead to the league losing the permit for a
facility will immediately be ejected from the league without a refund.
- At most outdoor locations, there are no washroom or changeroom facilities available.
- Most indoor facilities will have washrooms available
- Urinating on school property is strictly forbidden and may result in charges being filed.
- Please remember sports are considered inherently risky and as a result, XTSC cannot be held responsible for the cost of treatment or
recovery for any injuries that result from playing spors or being present in an area where sports are being played
- If you have any pre-existing conditions (including, but not limited to: heart conditions, severe asthma or pregnancy) please consult a
physician and take the appropriate precautions before attending any games
- We encourage all players to honestly evaulate their physical condition before participating in recreational sports leagues or any other
- First Aid kits are onsite at most games
- Please be advised that these are for minor injuries only, for serious injuries call an ambulance and notify the onsite staff member
- If you bleed due to a cut or wound, you must exit the game until the bleeding has stopped or you have bandaged the wound
- Clothing is required in the league- both top and bottom for all genders
- If you're playing ball hockey, flag football or soccer, you must bring a light and dark shirt for team recognition
- If you are playing a gym sport you must wear shoes with non-marking soles
- metal cleats and metal toed shoes are not permitted in any XTSC games
- Jewellery that is sharp or point must come off before the start of the game
- It is recommened to remove all other jewellery (i.e. wedding band, necklate etc.) while playing, to limit the chance of losing or damaging your
- Referees/representatives have the right to request a player take off any jewellery
- Medical devices worn during the game (braces, casts, etc.) that have any sharp or rough edges must be covered by protective material (padded
bandage, long sleeve shirt, sweatpants, etc.) for the protection of the other players
- Any braces, casts etc that are deemed unsafe by the official and are not properly covered, must be removed. If the unsafe equipment is not removed,
the player will not be allowed to play in the game
- Uniforms (similar jerseys with numbers) aren't mandatory. However, when two teams have the same colour, the team without a uniform has to change jersey colour
- In the case that both teams have a uniform or no uniform, the home team will have to change colour
- For all teams it is mandatory to have 2 different coloured jerseys at the game at all times
- To inform other teams of your jersey colour, email us at email@example.com so we can update this information online
- If teams don't have an alternative jersey colour, they will get an official warning. If this happens twice in a season, the opponent at that moment is allowed
to take a default win
- Referees can call off a game if the jersey colours of players are too confusing. If this happens, the game result will be 0-0
- If it is only the players of one team that are causing jersey colour confusion (e.g. some players wearing the same colour jersey as the other team) this team will take a 0-6 loss
For more information, please see the specific sport rules.
- We accept team registrations and free agent (individual) registrations. If you sign up as an individual you will be placed on a team with
other individuals or on an established team. Please contact us if you'd like to sign up with multiple friends as free agents
- Note: Do not sign up as a free agent if you have an established team captain! Please arrange payment and such with the team captain.
Only sign up as a free agent if you do not have a team
- Free agent teams, unless there are requests to play together that do not make it possible, will generally be capped at ((the number of players on the field)
x2)-1. Thus, 6s teams will aim for 11 players, 7s teams will aim for 13 players, etc. This is to prevent defaults if players are not able to make all
of the games and to provide subs during game play. Playing time is to be distributed evenly across all players.
- Registration fees must be paid on the website using Visa or Mastercard or with debit/cash at the office (appointment is required)
- Applications for registrations that are placed without a full payment being made are not considered to be finalized and those players/teams will not be placed in the system or allowed to play until full payment is made.
- We are unable to reserve spots before this full payment has been made
- Everyone playing in the league must agree to the online waiver before their first game of the season.
Members are ineligible to play until they have viewed and accepted the waiver.
- Alternate players who sub in must be added to the team roster and have to accept the online waiver before the start of
- If you aren't on the roster, you're ineligible to play.
- If you are on the roster but have not accepted the waiver, you're ineligible to play.
- Any team that is found to field an ineligible player will receive a 3-0 default loss or (the opposing team's score)-0, whichever is greater.
- Opposing team captains and referees may both contest a player's eligibility. If a player is contested, they must provide
picture ID with their full first and last name, which will be provided to admin staff with the game report. If admin sees
they are on the roster with a waiver signed, no action will be taken and the game results will stand. If they are not on the
roster or have not signed a waiver, the game will be considered a default.
- It is the captain's responsibility to field an eligible team and ensure that all players have an active waiver on file.
Rosters must be completed with a player's full first and last name, with any commonly used nicknames in brackets.
- The amount of waivers that has to be signed before the start of the season are the amount of players
of a full team + 1. Example: 7v7 Soccer, 8 people have to sign the waiver before the team will be scheduled. The exception to this rule
are volleyball teams who only need 6 players on the roster
- Playoff rules: players must have played 2 regular season games in order
to be eligible to play during the playoffs.
Formed teams may bring out substitutes to supplement their roster under the following conditions.
- Everyone playing in the league must agree to the online waiver before their first game of the season. Substitutes
are ineligible to play until they have viewed and accepted the waiver.
- Substitute players must be added to the team roster and accept the online waiver before the start of their first
Free Agent Teams
- Free Agent teams cannot invite other players to their games unless the players register with the league and pay
online before their first game
- Any Free Agent members who invites additional players to their games will be fined or
ejected from the league, as such behaviour impacts the playing time and enjoyment of the registered members of the
- If you experience a shortage of players, please contact the league.
Any team that is short players at the field is allowed to ask players from previous games to subsititue for them under
the following conditions:
- The substituting player must be an XTSC member with a current signed waiver, and must provide their name and regular team name to the referee before the start of the game
- Explicit permission must be given by the opposing team
- Explicit permission must be given by the ref
- Subsitutes can only be used to field a full team plus one sub of each gender
- It can not be a playoff game
- If any of these conditions are not met, and the substitute player is fielded,
the game will be considered a default loss and be scored 3-0 or (opposing teams score)-0, whichever is greater.
- The league will always try to inform members about cancellations within 6 to 12 hours prior to the start of the game. Game
cancellations due to weather conditions are usually called at the game location and time
- Weather may effect outdoor games. Our referees are responsible to call the game when weather conditions impede with the safety of the game
- If the weather doesn't allow the game to start, the game will be rescheduled, if the facility permits allow us to do so
- As seasons are tightly scheduled, games might not be rescheduled when called as a result of inclement weather
- If the weather doesn't allow the game to finish, the score from the time at which the game stopped will be final, if a minimum of half the game has already been played
- Indoor games won't be cancelled for weather conditions unless the facility has been closed
- Teams have to be on the field with the eligible amount of players within 10 minutes of the game to avoid a default regardless of the weather.
- If your team isn't able to play during a certain night, please let us know (at least 24 hours in advance), so we can inform the other team. Defaults can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registered teams that don't show up for a game and have not notified the league in advance, or notified the league too late, causing the other team to still
show up, will get a deduction of 250 points. These points will be deposited in the account of the team captain of the team that showed up at the field.
XTSC Loyalty Program
The person that enrolls a team or registers as a single player will receive XTSC points into their online account. These points can
can be used for future registrations and/or merchandise purchases from our online store. The loyalty program is constructed as follows:
- I. Register as a team or as an individual and you will earn an equivalent of 5% in rewards.
Please note: XTSC points have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent.
XTSC Loyalty Points will expire and will be removed from accounts after 3 years of inactivity.
- Full credit will be given for cancellations that take place at least 3 weeks prior to the start of season (less $100 administration fee per team or a $35 administration fee per free agent).
- Any cancellation less than 3 weeks prior to the start of the season will result in a 50% refund
- Combo season registrations will only be considered for refund at the beginning of the first season for which the registration is valid.
The second season is considered an extension of the first, and therefore is not eligible for refund.
- Following the beginning of the season, no refund will be given.
- Refunds will not be given when games are cancelled as a result of inclement weather.
- Refunds are not given to individuals or teams that are ejected/suspended from the league, regardless of when in their membership term they are ejected/suspended.
- Refunds are not given when the league is unable to fulfill special requests from teams who want a specific location or time slot.
- Competition level selections are considered to be an indication of preference. While the league will try to accommodate all such requests,
we reserve the right to make adjustments to competition levels based on the needs of the league. We cannot guarantee that all preferences
will be honoured and no refund will be issued when a team/free agent is placed at one level above or below their requested competition level.
- Refunds are not given for location when it is within the described region.
- Refunds are not given for schedule changes made when required by a venue or the needs of the league.
- Refunds are credited back to the credit card used at time of purchase.
That's it... Have fun... and Hey, let's be extra careful out there!