Event » CoEd Intermediate 1-Hour Volleyball (Bloor & DVP) - Mondays - Fall Season » View
CoEd Intermediate 1-Hour Volleyball (Bloor & DVP) - Mondays - Fall Season
Looking to play Court Volleyball this Indoor season?
We offer CoEd Court Volleyball in the downtown area and in North York on Weeknights during the Fall, Winter, and Spring!
*Dates are tentative and will be adjusted once permits and dates are finalized
|Game Start Times||Start Date||End Date||Registration Deadline*||Season length|
|6:00PM - 7:00PM||Oct 17||TBD||Oct 10||9 Games|
2 playoff games are included in the season.
*Team fees increase after the Registration Deadline.
Which level of play is suitable for me?
Players know the Basic Techniques and Fundamentals of the sport such as, but not limited to: serve, serve receive-passing
Players are able to fully execute the Basic Techniques and Fundamentals of the sport such as, but not limited to: serve and serve receive-passing with accuracy to a target area
A range from beginner to intermediate, with selective advanced players just participating for fun and enjoyment.
The 1 hour format is in general for beginners and the Round Robin format for intermedite players.
Generally players range from the intermediate if not the advanced stage in skill. They enjoy the sport, but are also competing against fellow players for the win!
A Recreational player should know the basics of volleyball, and played some volleyball before, but he/she is just beginning to bump, set, and spike.
A Beginner/Intermediate player is still in the early learning stages of the game but knows the skills. This player knows how to bump, set (a little), and spike. But this player has a lot of practice yet to go to be able to do these skills consistently. Beginner players may commit mistakes often.
An Intermediate player knows where to be on the court at all times when plays are developing. He/she knows where to be when the opponent is hitting. This player knows the footwork of and how to approach hitting effectively. Intermediate players know how to run a 5-1, a 6-2, and needlessly, a 4-2.
An Advanced player is somewhere between Intermediate and Professional. They know all the skills extremely well but cannot always execute the super-high level plays extremely effectively all the time. Advanced players can run combination plays in basic and sometimes complex ways if passes are good. That includes slides, tandems, x's, crosses, and back-row hitting.
Maximum of 5 serves/points per player
Important Note: Players must have played volleyball before in order to register for one our leagues. Recreational volleyball is where members/athletes train and play for fun and for skill development. Competitive volleyball may also encompass both these elements, but the goal is for teams to win matches.
- Single Game Divisions:
- Each team will play one match per night against one opponent.
- A match consists of 3 sets.
- Set are played to 21 points. A team must win by 2 points.
- If time runs out, whoever is winning at that time wins the set; if there is a tie, next point wins the set.
- Round Robin Divisions:
- Teams will play over a 3 hour time span.
- Each team will play 4 games.
- Games consist of 2 sets to 21 points.
- Points are capped at 21, there is no 2 points difference required.
- Ranking in the league is by total sets won, very won set is worth two points
After registering, please enter your team name and entire roster online. The roster includes the name of the players and their email addresses. Each team roster has to include at least 7 players. These Players must all sign the electronic waiver before your team can be added to the schedule.
- Schedules and other league details will be sent out approximately one week before the start of the season.
- Games are 50 to 60 minutes long for the 1 hour games, the round robin games are 22-30 minutes long.
- Double-headers can be scheduled based on the needs of the league.
- There is an XTSC Representative present at every game.
- This is a 6vs6 CoEd league. A minimum of 2 players of each gender must be on the field to play with a full team. A team can play with 4 or 5 players without defaulting as long as they have at least 1 male and 1 female on the field.
- As with all XTSC leagues, nets and balls are provided at the venue.
- All players that will play for your team during the season will have to be on the roster and have signed the waiver or the team risks a default loss.
GREAT PRIZES for WINNING TEAMS
XTSC is committed to elevating the sporting experience for ALL our members and have thus sweetened our LEAGUE PRIZES! We at XTSC know that becoming a champion isn't easy and want to reward our division winners with some incredible prizes for all the blood, sweat, and tears you poured throughout the season to earn the highly coveted title of CHAMPION!
Prizes include: Championship t-shirts, An official Match ball, and a prestigious XTSC Trophy !!!
Itching to win an XTSC Title? REGISTER FOR ONE OF OUR COURT VOLLEYBALL LEAGUES TODAY!
Experience the XTSC difference, Register Today!
- Event Type
- Teams for Leagues
- Level of Play
- Intermediate 1-hour
- Palmerston Ave Jr PS
- First Game
- Apr 17, 2023
- Last Game
- Jun 12, 2023
- Ratio Rule
- Registration Cap
- Registration Opens
- Aug 12, 2022 9:00AM
- Registration Closes
- Sep 1, 2022 12:00PM
- 10 minutes